Workshop 3: Your Innovation Challenge: Deconstruct and reconstruct it into an innovation opportunity
In this module, you will learn how to take your deconstructed challenge to the next level by aligning it with your strengths, interests, and values.
Activity – You will:
- Structure your challenge to match your strengths, interests, and values.
- Define what makes a challenge worth pursuing.
- Learn about the specific pieces of your challenge.
Product – You will create & develop:
- The “Three Why” list for your challenge.
- A tree metaphor for your challenge – including a trunk, branches, and roots.
- A Mind Map of your challenge.
Outcome – You will learn how to:
- Identify a challenge that matters, where success is possible.
- Develop effective networking skills.
- Identify and network with people in your organization that can help you address your challenge.
- Break down and branch out your challenge into its many components.
Workshop 1: The Innovation Process
Workshop 2: Innovation Skills
Workshop 3: Your Innovation Challenge
Workshop 4: Innovation Questions for Idea Capture
Workshop 5: Structured Ideation
Workshop 6: Innovative Idea Generation
Workshop 7: Idea Analysis & Synthesis
Workshop 8: Concept Development
Workshop 9: Test and Select
Workshop 10: Communicate and Advance
This workshop is part of Program Innovation, an online video workshop program on innovation for higher education professionals. This program can also be taken in person, individually, or through a license with your organization. Contact [email protected] for more information.